LGBTQ+ people are more visible than ever, and more businesses and services providers are invested in creating welcoming and affirming spaces for LGBTQ+ colleagues, employees, or clients. This training provides information and resources for anyone interested in learning about and engaging with the LGBTQ+ community.
- A brief overview of OutReach and our role in the Madison/Dane County area
- How and why the ways in which we self-identify are important
- Social privilege and intersectionality
- Sexual orientation, sex, and gender
- What are the differences between sexual orientation, sex and gender
- What does it mean to be intersex?
- The gender binary explained
- Gender identity and expressionCisgender
- Gender Queer/Non-binary
- Gender Expression
- Coming out
- How to be an effective ally
- Creating inclusive spaces for LGBTQ+ individuals
The 45-50 minute presentation will be followed by a 15-30 minute question and answer/discussion period.
Register Here $20
Cancellations made within 24 hours prior to the start of the training will be charged the full registration fee.
Kristi Mason, APSW
LGBTQ+ Elder Advocate
OutReach LGBTQ Community Center