The Summit will focus on communication and planning strategies for social workers, care managers, law enforcement, IRIS consultants, residential providers and managers to help better understand what resource and options are available to help prevent a behavioral health crisis for persons with dementia and/or intellectual and developmental disabilities and what help might be available in midst of a crisis.
The Summit is a free event with complimentary parking and lunch.
Breakout sessions include:
- Why We Do the Things We Do: Finding Joy and Satisfaction Amongst the Challenges of Dementia Care
- Understanding Causes of Dementia and Strategies for Responding to Behavioral Challenges
- IDD Perspectives: Stories and Strategies for Thriving Through Adversity
- Health Issues Causing Crisis? What to Look For, What to Do
- Risk of Crisis Due to Social Isolation and Depression
- Reducing Stress in a Crisis
- How to Have Difficult Conversations
- Strategies to Avoid Online Induced Crisis
- Going Deeper: Practical Relationship, Teamwork, and Bodywork Strategies
- Who Do You Call? (better understanding of local resources)