In 2020, the Collaborative Stabilization Coalition (CSC) of Dane County, through funding from the WI Department of Health Services, is offering a FREE training series for direct care workers working with persons with dementia or intellectual/developmental disabilities (I/DD) with focus on crisis prevention and person centered planning for persons with dementia or I/DD.
Intellectual/developmental disability focus topics include:
- Trauma’s Influence on the Brain, Body, and Behavior: Promoting Healing & Well-Being
- Health Issues Causing Crises? What to Look For, What to Do
- Power and Control: Learning to Use It Respectfully
- Thoughtful Limits, Client Rights Limitations and Restrictive Measures: What I Need to Know as a Caregiver
- Managing Threatening Confrontations
- Sensory Regulation and Self-Care