Links to programs and projects surrounding SDS in the state of Wisconsin and elsewhere.
IRIS (Include, Respect, I Self-Direct) is a Wisconsin program where you self-direct your publicly funded, community-based, long-term care supports and services. IRIS can help you get the life you want with the support you need. In IRIS you use your own natural supports and creativity with your budget to achieve your hopes and dreams. IRIS info from DHS
Family Care in Wisconsin
SDS projects through Pathways
- Consumer Directed Support: Lessons Learned from Wisconsin’s Family Care Program (PDF from Fall 2005)
Resources and programs from other states & countries
- Self-determination Housing Project (Pennsylvania)
- Individual Lives, Individual Supports, Individual Budgets (PDF), by Annette Downey of Community Living Services of Oakland County Michigan.
- Understanding the Connecticut DMR Home and Community Based Services Waivers: A Guidebook for Consumers and Their Families (PDF)
- Self-Directed Care Guidebook (Georgia)
- Aging and Disability Resource Centers (ADRC) – Although not currently available in every county in Wisconsin, ADRCs are the first place to go to get accurate, unbiased information on all aspects of life related to aging or living with a disability.