- This event has passed.
How to Access Waisman Center Outreach Services in Family Care/IRIS/Partnership
Monday, October 30, 2017 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Lynn Breedlove and Waisman Center directors Axel Junker, Josh Lapin, Marcia Stickel, and Rachel Weingarten will be on hand to share information.
Space is limited! Register early to secure your spot! https://www.surveymk.com/r/COWRegistration
Many individuals, family members/guardians, and support staff in Dane County have been receiving services through one or several of our Waisman Center Outreach Programs:
- Community TIES (Behavior Consultation, TIES Clinic, Rhythms program)
- WIN (Wellness Inclusion Nursing)
- Community Training & Consultation
Lately we have been fielding questions what will happen to these services in Family Care/IRIS/Partnership and what you can do to make sure that these services will be available.
Your support broker has most likely been assisting you to develop a Personal Profile document that includes a summary of the support services you currently receive. This document should be helpful during your enrollment counseling but also when you meet with your Family Care/Partnership Care Manager or IRIS consultant to review and plan your future supports.
Your service plan (Family Care/Partnership) or IRIS (service) plan needs to include all the support services you need to accomplish the goals listed in your plan. Services need to be listed in the plan (and authorized) before the provider can be paid and you can use them.
This informational event will cover what you need to do to ensure the services that you receive from Waisman Center Community Outreach programs are included in your plan:
- A brief introduction by Lynn Breedlove on where the enrollment counseling fits in the transition process.
- Information on the individual COW services to give participants an understanding about each of the different programs.
- A walk through the four specific steps you can do to ensure COW services are included in your plan.
For more information, please view and share the document below: