- This event has passed.
Go With Your Gut
Tuesday, November 14, 2017 @ 9:00 am - 12:30 pm
Registration Fee: $30 (Reduced fee for Dane County Contracted Developmental Disability Support Providers: $15)
WIN nurses who work and interact with clients and staff in their homes and other health care settings share information on how to improve nutrition, exercise and bowel health. Join us for a fun and interesting hands-on training!
The course includes:
- Eating well on a budget
- Simple ways to plan, shop and cook healthy meals
- Exercise and movement ideas adaptable for anyone
- Constipation prevention
- Alternatives to laxatives
- Constipation dangers: impaction, obstruction, death
- Ways to document bowel concerns
A realistic, practical perspective by nurses who understand.
Part of the WIN nurses’ mission is to improve the lives of persons with DD by educating those individuals that they have a relationship with including family members, support brokers, residential, and vocational staff.