- This event has passed.
Ethics and Boundaries for Social Workers
October 16 @ 8:30 am - 12:30 pm
One event on Tuesday, October 16, 2018 at 8:30am
Presented by Marc Wruble, Ph.D.
Dane County Job Center
1819 Aberg Ave, Madison, WI 53704 – Ballroom/Room 16
Registration Fee: $50 per person, SPACE IS LIMITED
Dr. Wruble’s F.U.N. with Ethics and Boundaries workshops is one of his most requested workshops. His high energy treatment of Ethics helps the workshop attendees to appreciate ethics and boundaries for what they are: Fascinating, Unclear, and Necessary. Based on his 33 years of clinical experience, the workshop brings ethical principles to clinical life and life to ethical dilemmas.
The workshop has the following objectives:
- Review of the American Psychological Association and the National Association of Social Workers (NASW) codes of ethics;
- Solve real life ethical dilemmas;
- Learn specific strategies to enhance ethical practice, refine boundary setting skills, and raise awareness of ethical issues in a digital world;
- Provide a practitioner self-assessment to identify areas needing further professional development; and
- Have F.U.N. with Ethics and Boundaries!
Dr. Wruble is a Child and Family Clinical Psychologist, the Director of the Platteville Family Resource Center, Inc., and an Emeritus Professor of Psychology at the University of Wisconsin-Platteville. He received the Phi Kappa Phi award for excellence in teaching. He is an expert witness in 4 states and numerous counties. He conducts regional workshops on this topic as well as related topics such as Happiness, Mindfulness, and the How to Raise Healthy Children in a Digital World. His multimedia presentations are fun, practical, and full of real life clinical anecdotes from his 33 years of clinical experience. He is a former state champion bicyclist. He enjoys gardening, making rustic furniture and Indian handcrafts, and doing adventure travelling with his family and friends.
This program meets the continuing education requirements for social workers. A certificate of attendance will be issued at the conclusion of the training.
Questions? Contact Rachel Weingarten firstname.lastname@example.org