- This event has passed.
David Pitonyak: Upside Down and Inside Out: Supporting a Person in Crisis/ Supporting the People Who Care
Thursday, March 7, 2019 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm$75
This program meets the licensure requirements for continuing education hours
Chapter MPSW19 Marriage & Family Therapy, Counseling & Social Worker
This day-long workshop examines the strategies for supporting a person in crisis. The workshop focuses on specific physiological changes that overcome a person in distress, and strategies that make sense for the person and his or her caregivers.
At the conclusion of the workshop, participants will have developed knowledge in the following areas:
- Understanding the reasons why a person may be in and out of crisis;
- Developing supports that assure the person’s safety and the safety of others;
- Developing supports for the person’s supporters;
- The physiology of aggression: What happens to the body in the presence of threat;
- Building a support plan that focuses on quality of life issues.