- This event has passed.
Connecting Families Through Stories: Staying Real, Staying Positive
September 15 @ 12:30 pm - 4:30 pm
Connecting Families is the “non-conference conference”
The event and presentations are for and by families of children with disabilities. The intent of this event is to provide families with opportunities to be with and learn from one another.
Keynote Presentation by Anne and Paul Karch: ONE FAMILY’S JOURNEY
Skill-building sessions will include:
- A panel of families sharing stories and experiences on how they created and fostered networks of support;
- Creating a person centered one page profile for your child (parents are asked to bring a wallet sized photo of their child to use at the workshop);
- Self-care for parents and caregivers.
The afternoon will also include:
- Free Skilled Childcare and Activities for Children (limit 75)
- Free Deli Sandwich Buffet and Refreshments
- Sensory Room and Quiet Space
- A Space for Siblings to Talk, Connect, and Share
- Vendor/Exhibitor Resource Area
Meet other families, share ideas, and learn about available resources and recreation opportunities!
Brochure – en español (PDF)
Event registration is preferred, but not required, although pre-registration is required for childcare.
Register online at: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/ConnectFamilies
Questions? Please call Rachel at 608-890-0777.
Save the Date: