Living Our Visions, Inc. (LOV-Dane) is a grassroots organization of individuals with disabilities, their families, friends and community members building fulfilling and community-centered lives for all citizens.
LOV-Dane envisions a future in which adults with disabilities live as independently as possible in communities to which they contribute through productive employment, engaged citizenship, and caring, reciprocal relationships.
LOV-Dane grows out of a community-organizing model, which places a high value on nurturing interpersonal relationships for collective action. The talents and energy of our members drive actions and decisions at all levels. Belonging to LOV-Dane is self-identified, you are a member if you think you are.
- Sign up for our email list: http://www.lovdane.org/content/join-our-mailing-list
- Meet with Stefanie, Amanda or another LOV member to figure out where to start
- Attend an event: http://www.lovdane.org/upcoming-events
Family Governed and Family Led:
- Mobilize individuals with disabilities, their families and friends to develop projects based on their interests and needs
- Build capacity even in the face of shrinking resources
- Generate creative solutions outside of the traditional service system
- Work with staff as partners
Collective Action and Relationship Focused:
- Facilitate relationships of caring and mutual support
- Learn, develop and implement creative solutions together
- Collectively leverage family and community assets
Cultivators of Individual and Community Gifts:
- Celebrate the unique gifts of our members
- Find valued roles for individual and organizational contribution
- Build reciprocal partnerships with community organizations
Choices Newsletter has moved! Information can now be found on our Dane Co SDS page.
Choices is a Quarterly Newsletter about Self-Determination in Dane County, WI
Past issues can be found on our Publications page.
Information on People First can now be found on our Dane Co SDS page.